2018 WAEC GCE registration has commenced. The management of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) have made know that the registration of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidates. The second Series (August/October) will begin from 14th May, 2018. This article will guide you on how you can apply for this examination and the necessary requirements.
Candidates wishing to apply for this examination are hereby informed that registration will officially start from 14th May, 2018. The 2018 WAEC GCE registration procedure has been designed in a way that it will accommodate biometric features that will be used to validate candidates in the examination centers.
How to Register for the 2018 WAEC GCE
Applicants are to pay a registration fee of N13,000 at any branches of these banks or any accredited agent to obtain the Registration PIN and information VCD.
- Ecobank Ltd
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Access Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Diamond Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nigeria Ltd
- Skye Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- Guarantee Trust Bank Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- First City monument Bank Plc
Also, applicants will pay a Bank charge of Five Hundred Naira only (N500) in addition to the registration fee at the Bank.
After acquiring the Registration PIN, applicants should log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ for the online registration. Candidates with disabilities will also register like other candidates but will clearly state their disabilities like poor vision, speech, blind, deaf, etc.
On concluding the registration, candidates should log on the website within two weeks of first access of the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their gender, dates of birth, names, passport photographs and subjects are correct and well arranged. Print out your Photo Card as evidence of complete registration which you will provide at the examination center. The Result Checker PIN will also be at the Photo Card.
- It is important to play the information CD before continuing with the registration.
- Print the examination Timetable after completing the registration
- Upload good passport graphs with blue or red background not “wait and take” The size should be 275 by 314 pixels.
- Registration fee is NOT refundable
- Study the Syllabuses and Registration and also the Examination Timetable which you can download here using the Registration PIN.
- Go to the examination centers on mufti and no arms.
- Applicants should ensure their data are correct as the examination council will not be held responsible for any wrong information after the last day of registration.
- The results of all candidates who sit for the exam in more than one center will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Do not come to the examination hall with a mobile phone or any electronic gadget.
- Come to the exam center with original copies of your Photo Cards.
- Candidates who indulged in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but also prosecuted.