Entries are invited for 2020 Omololu-Mulele Research Grant Award Competition in Obstetrics and Gynecology for the Edition. On this post, you shall get first hand guide on how you successfully make your application online. Although it is a long post but we encourage you read to the end and follow the guide carefully.
The Board of Trustees of the Abimbola Aina Omololu-Mulele Annual Lecture in Obstetrics and Gynecology is desirous to encourage research and create greater awareness of the goals and objectives of the Abimbola Aina Omololu-Mulele Annual Lecture Endowment.
Rules and Criteria for 2020 Omololu-Mulele Research Grant Award Competition
- The Board of Trustees of the Abimbola Aina Omololu-Mulele Annual Lecture Endowment in Obstetrics and Gynecology intend to award a limited number of grants yearly to a maximum sum of ₦3,000,000.00;
- The Fund is designed for the exclusive use of the applicant’s research. However, the main body of work must be undertaken by the applicant while the non-essential parts may be carried out by other parties;
- It is expected that the grant will normally be used for the purchase of equipment, services or medical supplies or other related expenses;
- Under the usual conditions of funding, no portion of the 2020 Omololu-Mulele Research Grant Award may be used for personal expenses such as subscriptions to journals or magazines or the payment of a research student stipend and will not normally be used for the purchase of books. Only in exceptional circumstances, and specifically to aid the furtherance of the research programme, may a portion of the grant be used for travel;
- Applicants must be members of staff of the University of Lagos;
- Applications are limited to one per applicant or research group and MUST be submitted through the Head of Department;
- Applications from early to mid-career researchers can be accepted;
- Persons employed as research students will not be considered for funding;
- Applicants carrying out research under supervision are required to have their applications signed by their Supervisor;
- All applicants will be required to provide the names of two referees. At least one of the referees should work in a different institution. Referees should provide a reference that assesses the content of the research proposal submitted;
- Applicants are required to provide a full research proposal including information on:
- The nature of the research which he/she desires to engage in and the nature of the scientific results expected to follow therefrom.
- Where the research is to be carried out.
- The approximate full cost of the research and a breakdown of the proposed spending (expenditure) should the grant be awarded. This should include quantities and approximate costs for each item.
- What other sources of financial assistance are available (if any) to the applicant for the research;
- Each grantee will be required to provide a report of approximately 1000 words on the progress of the research, together with a statement of expenditure. The progress report should begin with a summary of the main conclusions of the research. The report itself should include an outline of the work done, techniques used, results obtained, conclusions reached and a judgement of the success or otherwise of the project, together with prospects for future development;
- The applicant will be responsible for providing the reports, progress and final, together with a financial statement showing monies received and how disbursed for the general conduct of the research;
- All papers or publications describing investigations conducted with the aid of the 2019 Omololu-Mulele Research Grant Award must contain acknowledgement of that fact. One reprint each of such publications should be submitted with the final report as in paragraph 12 above or as soon as possible thereafter;
- A grant will not normally be awarded to the same applicant for more than two consecutive Omololu-Mulele Research Grant award years.
How to Apply for 2020 Omololu-Mulele Research Grant Award Competition
- Application form can be downloaded by clicking on the button below.
|1||Please give affiliation including department and university or institute.|
|2 and 3||Digital signatures may be used here. Please see the documentation for your specific software for more information.|
|7||Please include information on:
· If your work is a continuation of a previous piece of work, please outline your previous results and explain what you expect this new work to contribute.
Please note that the main body of the research must be undertaken by the applicant (see regulation 3).
|8||Please include a copy of your CV.|
|10||The maximum award for the research fund is ₦3,000,000.00.|
|12 and 13||Your referees should be able to comment on your proposed project and your previous work to date.|
|14||Digital signatures may be used here.|
We believe this post was helpful, kindly share to friends and family using any of the social media buttons below this post. Also drop your comments, contributions and suggestions using through the comment box section beneath this article as we hope to bring to you timely updates around you. Best Wishes!!