Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicant for the NCDC Surveillance Data Clerks in 12 Molecular Laboratories across the federation. This is a post will show you how you can start your application and do it successfully.
Do you have what it takes to make an application for this recruitment? Do you have what it take to make it through the NCDC Surveillance Data Clerks? If yes then here is an opportunity for you. Kindly read through this post to know how you can start making your applications for this recruitment.
Locations: Osun, Lagos, Oyo, FCT, Sokoto, Kaduna, Kano, Ebonyi, Borno, Plateau, Rivers.
This recruitment will start from April 20, 2020 and end on October 19, 2020
Employment type: Full time
Duties of an NCDC Surveillance Data Clerk
- Transfer all COVID 19, Lassa fever and other priority diseases data (clinical and laboratory data) into the SORMAS platform;
- Daily follow up with result of all COVID 19, Lassa fever and other priority diseases case data sent for testing;
- Liaise with the lab managers to ensure prompt release of result and update on SORMAS;
- Real time update of SORMAS with result of COVID 19, Lassa Fever and other priority diseases samples after testing;
- Send daily notification on status of sample testing;
- Follow up with treatment Center clinicians to ensure completion of COVID 19 and LF case management form;
- Compile and upload Case management forms into SORMAS;
- Verify all the treatment center COVID 19 and Lassa fever data on the SORMAS platform by comparing it to source documents (i.e. Lassa fever case management form, COVID 19 case management form and IDSR 001B);
- Retrieve data from the SORMAS platform as requested;
- Sort and organize paper forms (Lassa fever case management form, COVID 19 case management form and IDSR 001B) after entering data into the SORMAS platform to ensure it is not lost;
- Send details of any record in the lab without case data in SORMAS platform to the NCDC Surveillance Support Officer to follow up with the LGA DSNO;
- Send weekly report of COVID 19 and Lassa fever cases in the treatment center to the COVID-19/Lassa fever TWG;
- Perform other tasks assigned
Requirements for NCDC Surveillance Data Clerks
- At least 2 years working experience with the use of excel or ODK for data collection;
- First degree in any discipline;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite;
- Good understanding of patient data confidentiality principles
- Ability to pay attention and have a keen eye for detail
- Good data collection and report writing skills required
- Good verbal communication skills especially in the local language of the community and working knowledge of English
- A team player with good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their resume and a cover letter addressing the job requirements as per the advertisement by email to email@example.com before COB April 17, 2020 using the Job title and the preferred state as the subject of the mail e.g. “Surveillance Data Clerk- Oyo State”.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted and may be assigned to any state of the federation.
We believe this post was helpful, kindly drop your comments, contributions and suggestions through the comment box section beneath this page. Do not forget to share this article with your friend and family using any of the social media buttons below. Best Wishes!!