The Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) is recruiting for short term consultancy – The NCDC Surveillance Support Officers in 19 states across the federation is an ongoing recruitment at NCDC. See this post to know how you can start making your applications.
This recruitment is going to be conducted at 19 states of the federation. The states are listed below. If you are in any of these states, you can go ahead and make your application for this recruitment.
Location: Anambra, Akwa-Ibom, Kebbi, Borno, Osun, Enugu, Niger, Kwara, Benue, Gombe, Yobe, Adamawa, Jigawa, Ekiti, Kogi, Ogun, Cross River, Imo and Abia States
Employment type: Full time
The recruitment will start on April 20, 2020 and end on October 19, 2020.
Duties of an NCDC Surveillance Support Officer
- NCDC Surveillance Support Officers supports the implementation of SORMAS in the state;
- Support the state epidemiologist in developing and implementing outbreak preparedness and response activities;
- The NCDC Surveillance Support Officers supports the state epidemiologist in strengthening coordination between surveillance and laboratory teams;
- Provide technical leadership to the State surveillance team on the use of surveillance data for data driven decision making;
- Provide mentoring, support and supervision to LGA DSNOs and asst. DSNOs on data collection and data entry using the SORMAS tool;
- Work with state epidemiologist, state DSNO and others as indicated to analyse collected surveillance data and provide feedback;
- Support the appropriate use of the SORMAS tools and troubleshoot problems;
- Coordinate disease surveillance project evaluation activities at the state;
- Support the activities of the state public health EOC;
- Liaise with the NCDC Surveillance Department to provide regular feedback;
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the NCDC Director of Surveillance.
Requirements for NCDC Surveillance Support Officer Recruitment Exercise
- Minimum experience: At least 6 years’ experience with the Nigeria’s surveillance system or Monitoring and Evaluation or Field research;
- Minimum qualification: First degree in Human Medicine, Veterinary medicine, Public Health or any health or biological science related discipline.
- Master’s degree (preferable in public health)
- FELTP training will be an added advantage
- Other requirements:
- Experience working with SORMAS tool or any other surveillance tool.
- Must be domiciled in the state of assignment
- Experience in managing surveillance data at LGA or state level
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft office suite and Epi info or SPSS
- Strong data collection, analysis, and report writing skills required
- Ability to work independently, think analytically and take initiative in solving problems;
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively;
- Good verbal communication skills in the local language of the state of assignment and working knowledge of English;
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with groups of diverse backgrounds.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted and may be assigned to any state of the federation.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their resume and a cover letter addressing the job requirements as per the advertisement by email to email@example.com before COB April 17, 2020 using the Job title and the preferred state as the subject of the mail e.g. “Surveillance Support Officer- Anambra State”.
Do you wish to talk to us about this post? Kindly drop your comments, contributions and suggestions through the comment box section beneath this page. Also share this article with your friends and family using any of the social media buttons below. Best Wishes!!.