Nigerian Customs Service recruitment is one of most competitive recruitment amongst other paramilitary bodies in Nigeria. NCS salary structure and rank is the way Nigeria Customs Service Officers are been paid according to their ranks.
Applicants for the NCS Recruitment 2020 will find this post helpful because it will give them a view of how NCS looks like. This post contains the NCS salary structure and rank, allowance, purpose or duty, etc.
Duties of the Nigeria Customs Service
This is a paramilitary organization whose main duty is to combat smuggling into Nigerian borders, and also collect custom revenue for imported goods. They are under the supervision of the Nigerian Ministry of Finance. This agency (NCS) has discharged their duty without fear or favour since its establishment which has also increased Nigerian trade.
Under-listed are some functions of Nigerian Custom Service:
- Engaging in research, planning and enforcement of fiscal policies of government;
- Collection of Import/Excise duties and other Taxes (Revenue);
- Monitor foreign exchange utilization;
- Generate statistics for budgetary purpose and planning;
- Customs agents register under them;
- Co-workers of other governmental agencies in Nigerian borders;
- Manifest processing and;
- Designate collecting banks.
Nigeria Customs Service Allowances Pay Scale
It is not everyone working as a Custom officer is privileged to enjoy these allowances listed below. However, some allowances here are meant for every NCS officer and some are given because of their rank and duty. Here are the allowances:
- Detective allowance
- Utility allowance
- Uniform maintenance allowance
- House maintenance allowance
- Torchlight allowance
- Hazard allowance
- General Services allowance
- Furniture allowance
- Hardiness allowance
- Personal Servant
- Plain-cloth allowance
NCS Salary Structure and Ranks
The new paramilitary salary structure known as Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure (CONPASS) ensures that there are increments in the salary scale of paramilitary officers which NCS is not excluded.
On this note, the least paid NCS officer is paid ₦27,779 monthly with additional ₦4,000 when such officer in not provided with an accommodation. An average Custom officer earns ₦75,000 monthly and ₦900,000 yearly. This pay depends on ranks, education and services.
The highest paid NCS officer is the Comptroller-General of Customs, followed by the Deputy Comptroller-Generals then the Assistant Comptroller-Generals of Customs.
The highest rank in Nigerian Customs Service is the Comptroller-General. Here is the list of NCS Ranks from Highest to the lowest:
- Comptroller-General (CG)
- Deputy Comptroller-Generals (DCG)
- Assistant Comptroller-Generals (ACG)
For more information on Nigerian Customs recruitment, kindly visit the official website at https://customs.gov.ng
- The Nigerian Army Salary Structure – According to ranks and service years
- Nigeria Prisons Service salary scale according to rank in offices
- Federal Fire Service salary structure – Payslip of the Federal Fire Service
We believe this post was helpful, kindly share this with your friends and family using any of the social media buttons below. Do not forget to drop your comments, contributions and suggestions through the comment box section beneath this page. Best Wishes!!