NIMET Recruitment 2020 application form – I am pleased to inform interested and qualified general public who wish to apply for the Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET) recruitment application form that the application form is now online.
On this post, it will assist you on the best way you can make your applications successful. Kindly read through this post to get the full information, requirements and how to apply.
Overview of Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET)
Before I continue with recruitment processes, I would like to give you a brief overview of NIMET. Meteorological Services started in Nigeria in 1892. Their operation then was under the premises of the Public Works Department (PWD), Lagos where the oldest rainfall station was established. In 1937, it then became one part of the services of the British West African Meteorological Services of the then Gold Coast, Sierra Leone, Nigeria and Gambia.
In 1949, the agency gained it independence, becoming an agency on its own and one of the seven (7) colonial department structure. With the establishment of the Ministries in the form of government in 1952, Meteorological services affected all areas of the Nigerian economy. The movement is hence shown below:
- 1952 – 1953 Ministry of Communication;
- 1953 – 1955 Ministry of Transport;
- 1955 – 1960 Ministry of Communication and Aviation;
- 1960 – 1965 Ministry of Natural Resources and Research (Renamed to Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources);
- 1975 – 1983 ministry of Civil Aviation;
- 1983 – December 1987 Ministry of Transport;
- December 1987 till date – ministry of Aviation.
NIMET recruitment 2020 Application Form Requirements
- Interested applicants must be a Nigerian citizen;
- Be at the age of 18 years and above;
- No form of criminal allegation in the past or present;
- Possess B.Sc. Certificate from any recognised institution;
- Applicants must present his/health certificate from any government hospital to prove health status;
How to Apply for NIMET Recruitment
We belief this article was helpful, kindly share to friends and family using any of the Social Media buttons under this post. Also drop your comments, suggestions and contributions using the comment box section beneath this post. Best Wishes!!