Applications are invited from physically fit applicants for the Onitsha City Marathon 2019. This Onitsha City Marathon (OCM) is an initiative developed to discover and harness sporting talents of the teeming youths of Onitsha, Anambra State, Nigeria and Africa at large and to showcase Onitsha City on the global map as a centre of sporting excellence.
OCM is an Annual Marathon that would run through Onitsha metropolis. OCM is targeted at revolutionizing sports as a tool for Socio-Economic Development in Africa, and ultimately encourage young people to invest their energies in sports.
If you have what it takes to stand this competition then here is an opportunity for you. This page will guide you on how you can apply and the necessary things you should know about Onitsha City Marathon 2019. Kindly follow this guide to get the full information here.
Nigerian Participants – Free
International Participants – Free
Onitsha City Marathon 2019 Rules & Regulations
All intending participants must agree to the following rules and regulations in order to proceed. The following rules and regulations apply to all participants:
- The official entry form must be fully completed by each intending participant;
- The Onitsha City Marathon 2019 is organized in accordance with the rules and regulations of the AFN, IAAF, AIMS and all participants must agree to abide by these rules and regulations and comply with all reasonable directions and decisions made by the officials and representatives of the AFN;
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the organizers to ensure the participants’ safety, participants run at their own risk and the organizers shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage whether personal or otherwise and howsoever arising;
- All participants accept responsibility for travel and medical insurance and for payment and/or reimbursement of any medical/surgical expenses incurred;
- There is an official three hour finish time limit for the Marathon with the police and medical support. Any remaining participants after the three-hour limit will be requested to run on the road side;
- In accordance with the rules and regulations of the AFN, a runner must retire from the race immediately when requested to do so by any member of the Referee or official medical staff;
- There will be no refund or transfer of participation for participants who do not take part;
- The organizers reserve the right to limit and refuse any entries.
How to Register for OCM 2019
As said earlier, registration for the 21km Onitsh City Marathon 2019 is free of charge to intending applicant. Registration is strictly done online through the official OCM portal. All you have to do isto click on the button below to start your application.
We believe this post was helpful, kindly share this with your friends and family using any of the social media buttons below. Do not forget to drop your comments, contributions and suggestions through the comment box section beneath this page. Best Wishes!!