PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship – Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) in conjunction with the Federal Government agency invites applications from interested and suitably qualified applicants for a Postgraduate Scholarships award abroad, specifically programmes at selected Institutions in United Kingdom, Germany and France.
Petroleum Technology Development Fund is aimed at developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry. Successful candidates will be awarded scholarships to study in these countries commencing in the 2019/2020 academic session.
Under this scheme, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes or at the partner institutions in any of the countries.
The PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and day-to-day welfare of winners, and language tuition for students in the new environment (as case may be).
Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship Award Eligibilities
For Ph.D Applicants under PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC);
- Should be computer literate and able to use some softwares;
- Possess a minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) Division in their first degree and a good second degree certificate;
- Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection. (Click here to download a sample of Ph.D. research proposal format);
- Applicants should also attach copies of their Master’s Degree project.
For M.Sc Applicants.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower Division (2.2) with relevant industry experience;
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC);
- Also be a computer literate;
- Possession of 5 Credits (O/Level) including English Language.
Applicants are to scan these documents and attach copies to the online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result;
- NYSC discharge certificate;
- O/Level results as well as PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF verify the O/Level results on relevant website;
- Recent Passport Photograph;
- Letter of Identification from State/L.G.A;
- Master’s Degree Certificate (Ph.D. applicants only);
- Evidence of membership of professional associations.
- Ongoing PhD Candidates could only apply provided their Universities are among the PTDF Partnership Universities as listed below;
- Candidates who have benefitted from any PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same type of programme, except a higher programme;
- Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts
- All applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
Approved Courses Sponsored for PTDF Overseas Scholarship
Candidates may select up to 3 different courses (1st,2nd and 3rd choice) in any country or university, but are not to contact the schools directly for admissions as they will be placed in relevant universities by Petroleum Technology Development Fund. Click on these countries to access the PDF file of courses:
How to Apply for PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Award
Follow the links below to apply and learn more about the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Overseas Postgraduate (M.Sc & Ph.D) Scholarship.
Application ends on 31st December, 2018
We believe this post was helpful, kindly share to friends and family using any of the social media buttons below this post. Also drop your comments, suggestions and contributions using the comment box section beneath this article and subscribe to this blog for free and be the first to get updates around you.