UNICEF recruitment 2018 – Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
Don’t forget that UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families.
FOR EVERY CHILD, HOPE
The PSEA Spe…t will implement UNICEF Nigeria’s Office PSEA Action Plan, which focuses on scaling up and taking forward UNICEF’s prevention and response efforts to sexual exploitation and abuse. This will include conceptualizing and implementing PSEA prevention activities, responding to alleged PSEA cases that are reported (including reporting, investigating, and ensuring appropriate victim support), liaising with the PSEA Task-force and other inter-agency bodies addressing PSEA and making contributions to inter-agency PSEA response and monitoring, liaising with UNICEF senior management at national, regional and international levels on the same.
The PSEA Spe…t will be also responsible for building the capacity of UNICEF staff, consultants, volunteers, and implementing partners on PSEA.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Internal capacity building and technical support:
Provide technical support and monitoring for the implementation of UNICEF Nigeria Office PSEA Action Plan, with a focus on Borno Field Office
Deliver PSEA trainings for UNICEF staff, consultants, volunteers, and implementing partners, in line with the PSEA Training Plan
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR UNICEF RECRUITMENT 2018
An advanced University degree in International Development, Human Rights, Psychology, Sociology, International Law or other Social Science field.
First University degree with additional two-years of relevant work experience is acceptable in lieu of an advanced university degree
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in designing, implementation and management of protection, GBV and PSEA, preferably with the UN;
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts;
- Familiarity with the latest development in PSEA, inter-agency PSEA responses and humanitarian cluster systems;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proven ability to work independently under difficult conditions;
- Excellent facilitation, training, networking and advocacy skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results
Leading and Supervising, Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Analyzing , Applying Technical Expertise, Planning and Organizing.
Job Number: 509787
Location: Maiduguri ( with some travels across Borno, Adamawe and Yobe, and Abuja)
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
HOW TO APPLY UNICEF RECRUITMENT 2018
- Successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer;
- Please note that Juba is a non-family duty station;
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply;
- Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish;
- Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.