US Embassy Recruitment Form 2019 – The US Embassy Nigeria is inviting applications for her Job offer 2019. Suitably qualified and interested applicants are expected to send in their applications.
On this page, we shall be discussing on how to apply for US Embassy Recruitment Form 2019. Kindly read through this post and apply.
Job Title: Trades Helper (For what All Interested Candidates)
Announcement Number: Abuja-2019-031
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT-4
Series/Grade: LE – 1210 3
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-3
Telework Eligible: No
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent reports directly to the Air conditioning Maintenance Foreman.
- S/he assists the technicians of the skilled trades in the performance of routine and preventive maintenance, new installations and demolition work.
- The Air conditioning Maintenance Foreman will assign the incumbent to any of the skilled trade shops on a daily basis to assist the skilled technicians with maintenance and repair work throughout the New Embassy Compound/New Consulate Compound (NEC/NCC) office buildings, grounds and residential owned/leased properties.
- In addition to assisting the skilled trade technicians, s/he may be assigned tasks including material handling, painting, custodial type work, common laborer work, and grounds maintenance and gardening work.
General Qualifications for US Embassy Nigeria Jobs
- A minimum of two (2) years of maintenance or construction semi-skilled work experience in skilled trades such as masonry, mechanical (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Plumbing), electrical or carpentry, with significant focus on building systems;
- Must have a basic technical understanding of major building mechanical systems and equipment. Must be familiar with construction techniques and workplace safety, personal protective equipment (PPE) – how and when to use it;
- Completion of Secondary School or received High School Diploma.
Evaluations – This may be tested:
- Language: Level II (Limited knowledge) Speaking/Reading/ Writing in English
- Skills And Abilities: Must be a visionary, forward thinker, and quick understudy with an aptitude to learn so he/she can anticipate the materials and tools the skilled technician will need ahead of time.
- Ability to use the typical lot of hand tools, small handheld power tools, vacuum cleaners, gardening tools, and ladders; must be adept at keeping work sites free of clutter and debris, clean and neat; must use good safety practices and follow all safety requirements in execution of tasks and be able to use all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); ability to respond to emergency situations in an efficient and timely manner to effect immediate repairs; work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights, and temperature extremes, indoors or outdoors to complete work assignments; must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to handle a large workload and multiple tasks; be able to take direction,be organized; communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, contractors and vendors to obtain and provide pertinent information.
- Must have a Nigeria valid driver’s license.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
- Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Important: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following Link.
- NGN N2,677,993 per annum.
- USD $23,233 per annum.
Application Deadline: 21st June, 2019.
How to Apply for US Embassy Recruitment Form 2019
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online